Friday, August 22, 2014

Give Said the Little Ice Bucket

Mosiah 4:21 - "...O then, how ye ought to impart of the substance ye have one to another."

So, I became aware of the ice bucket challenge only days ago. Like, Tuesday! I still am barely aware of what charitable organization this activity is supposed to be raising awareness for, ironically enough, but I was able to witness several of my fellow RAs take the plunge yesterday.


Alas, I was called out along with several other individuals, so later in the evening, I also took the plunge.


Honestly, even though I'm a broke college student who really doesn't have the means to support the organization with the large amounts of cash the minimum offer is being set at (I was told, like, $25!), I truly do appreciate the outpouring of participation, pun intended. The selflessness behind such acts, even from celebrities who are portrayed as being selfish jerkwads by the media, is proving to the world a grand truth: It is neither difficult nor politically incorrect to show someone you care. That's hard to remember sometimes, but I think I'm getting there.

Want to receive news whenever Change and Cherish is updated? Be sure to follow updates by using any of the new tools on the left-hand side of the page! Becoming a follower can get you featured on the site!

1 comment: