Friday, August 8, 2014

Wimbledon

Doctrine and Covenants 64:8 - "... and forgave not one another in their hearts; and for this evil they were afflicted and sorely chastened."

I had two really great opportunities yesterday to settle into Washougal a bit more comfortably before I get violently uprooted next week.
First, in the morning, one of my new-found friends and I went out to go play tennis and eat salad at Panera Bread. It was super fun! The record goes to show that, for each game, the score went as follows: 7-6 (her), 11-10 (me), 9-8 (me), 21-19 (her). Turns out, I could be a lot better at tennis, particularly in knowing what sort of vernacular I should use. I know the pros don't use numbers, but what is love-30?


I also had the chance to swing around town with the missionaries again. I appreciate their willingness to let me tag along with them, especially since I seem to be some sort of bad luck charm that keeps them from accomplishing anything productive. Regardless, we all have fun, they teasing me about my future life, I teasing them about how awkward they can be while trying to talk to the people we do. And, as a bonus, I get immediate blessings no matter what I do.
Honestly, though, I think I'm looking forward to at least a semblance of stability.

No comments:

Post a Comment