Saturday, August 23, 2014

Acceptance

Joshua 24:15  - "...Choose you this day whom ye will serve ..."

While I was on my mission, my mission president, President Brown, challenged me to take two hours out of every week to ponder and ask the Lord questions about who I needed and who He wanted me to be as a person.
I pondered questions from, "What qualities should I look for in a wife?' to "How generous should I really be?" One of the questions I asked myself was, "What should my top priorities be?" It was a very long and spiritual process, determining the order of my own priorities, but when I came to my final conclusion, I was surprised. Of the top five things I knew I would be facing in the near future--Education, Dating, Work, Callings, and Creative Projects--it seemed very obvious to me that, if anything was to be put on the back burner, it was my creative projects. I couldn't let one of the others slip in favor of that.
It was only yesterday, however, when I actually had to make that choice.


It hurt. I let my journaling and novel writing slide as I worked all day, training from morning to the evening and then fulfilling my assignment to decorate the hall before tomorrow. I was drained and frustrated when I finally finished after midnight, but there was no way I was going to even attempt to accomplish any portion of my projects. So, I let them lie.
Callings keep my mind and heart focused and in tune with the Savior.
Education helps me prepare to provide for my family in the future.
Work helps me provide for my education.
Dating will help me find a family.
Unfortunately, my creative projects are just that: a hobby. At least for now.

Want to receive news whenever Change and Cherish is updated? Be sure to follow updates by using any of the new tools on the left-hand side of the page! Becoming a follower can get you featured on the site!

No comments:

Post a Comment