Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Climb

4 Nephi 1:2  - "... and there were no contentions and disputations among them, and every man did deal justly one with another."

Yesterday, as part of RA training, we travelled to Salt Lake City to receive instruction at the BYU center there. The experience wasn't that much different than it was back at Provo, leaving some to wonder why we'd bothered making the commute in the first place, but no one complained when they let us loose on the town to dine at various restaurants ... for FWEEEE!
Again, I was pleasantly surprised by the camaraderie I experienced among us RAs. We all barely know each other, but by golly, we're in it together, and that prompted a lot of fast-budding friendships and unity. Of course, given our trainings in communities, we are still definitely in a pseudo-community atmosphere, so I'm still bunkered down for the oncoming chaos, but I nonetheless feel comfortable to be myself, and have even got several different group of people laughing at times at my long-practiced sense of humor.


I still have a habit of wasting time, unfortunately, whether I like it or not. I wanted to accomplish several things last night before bed, which I did, at least in part, but the extent of the accomplishment was less than what I'd originally hoped for. Instead, I was beset upon by distractions like Wikipedia, YouTube, TVTropes, webcomics, and the like, leaving me with far less time than I should have had and forsaking the things that will last. It seems each time I enter a new environment, I have  to rethink my time management skills. Ah, well. At least I always make time for my prayers and scriptures.

Want to receive news whenever Change and Cherish is updated? Be sure to follow updates by using any of the new tools on the left-hand side of the page! Becoming a follower can get you featured on the site!

No comments:

Post a Comment