Friday, August 1, 2014

Uplifting Tweets

Articles of Faith 1:13 - "... If there is anything virtuous, lovely, or of good report or praiseworthy, we seek after these things."

Yesterday was pretty uneventful. I went to work, wrote a couple articles, and did my regular stuff.
Of course, youngest sis and I also went to go out and see a movie for mom and dad's anniversary. It was more a gift to them than a gift to us, but we enjoyed it.


We actually went to a cheap theater and watched Non-stop, starring that one guy everyone says I look like. Despite the less than favorable critical reviews it received, we actually really enjoyed it. I was obviously put off by the gratuitous swearing, of course, but, if there was one thing I would have added, I felt like the movie lacked truth. There was no real moral, no real lesson to draw from, no unanswered questions to ponder. It wasn't a movie that used its art or story to build my relationship with God. Unfortunately, that is how things currently are in entertainment. The opportunity to uplift is often spoilt. I want to avoid that. Even in my novel about magical rabbits, I am attempting to uplift my audience. I think we all should, even in the most trivial of tweets.

No comments:

Post a Comment