Sunday, August 3, 2014

Thank you, Arthur Dent

Alma 12:37 - "... seeing that we know these things, and they are true, let us ... harden not our hearts ..."

Boom! First thing in the morning, I'm out on a lawn, tearing it up. Quite literally, in fact.
We and the crew dug, tore, uprooted, supplanted, hauled, operated, and frankly destroyed a nice member lady's yard in the name of service. She asked us to do it, after all, so who were we to deny her our fun?


It was quite strange, actually; I was feeling quite unnaturally despondent toward the end of the day yesterday, a feeling that is still weighing me down to some extent. I don't know what it is. Perhaps I'm just exhausted, though I've let myself sleep as long as my body wants the past couple of days. Perhaps I just am having one of those slumps. In general, though, the experience is helping me turn to God more, to find out if the strangeness I'm feeling is a sign of estrangement from Him. While I most certainly am not perfect, and I make mistakes every day, I don't feel like I did anything I haven't already talked to Him about. Regardless, maybe God is allowing this small trial - indeed, simple uncomfortability - to plague me just so I have something else to talk with Him about. Who knows! Either way, I look forward to determining what's next.

Oh, and happy 42nd post.

No comments:

Post a Comment