Saturday, August 16, 2014

Landing

Alma 34:17-27 - "...Cry unto him when ye are in your fields, yea, over all your flocks ..."

Yesterday began the day of acclimating to my new university life experience.
It was funny how right it all seemed. I had no real understanding as to what was ahead of me, even despite having lived through a freshmen year. I'd never really been inside Helaman Halls, my new dorm complex. I had to reorient myself with the massive construction overhauls that built new buildings and destroyed certain roads. I had to figure out where all the new offices were. I had to remind myself how to log on to the wifi. I had to check in at a new central building, and I have absolutely no idea what my job is really going to be like come when I start Monday.


Despite the unknown, however, I was confident. I felt sure. I'm sure a lot of my readers don't know I seriously considered not coming back to BYU so I could go live in the mission field and have the opportunity to share the gospel with others, which will be far more difficult, if not impossible, here considering the demographics. I knew this was a big life decision, so when I knelt down and prayed about it, I prayed so hard I thought my bones might melt into the floor. I just felt ... peaceful about coming here. And so I came, and even though I was bumbling through at times, I still felt confident and peaceful.
Let's do this.

No comments:

Post a Comment