Thursday, August 14, 2014

O Wretched Cats

2 Nephi 4:17 - "Nevertheless, notwithstanding the great goodness of the Lord, in showing me his great and marvelous works, my heart exclaimeth: O wretched man that I am! Yea, my heart sorroweth because of my flesh; my soul grieveth because of mine iniquities."


It's probably a good thing I'm leaving for BYU today. I felt a little bit like a crazy cat lady yesterday, masquerading myself, frolicking with felines, and napping, naturally. I'm not sure if this strange behavior is a sign that I really want to leave, or that I feel wholly unprepared for this next step in my life.
A theme seemed to frequently repeat itself in the recesses of my mind yesterday, whether I was writing in my journal, blog, or novel, whether I was watching Doctor Who or sleeping, whether I was trying to buy new ukulele strings or reading my scriptures. There is always another chance. Christ always has His arms stretched out to us. Always. I have seen so many individuals' lights go out because they gave up, because they are overwhelmed by the frailty of their humanity and erroneously conclude that their oft repeated mistakes have doomed them for the last time. I cannot allow that to happen to me, though I feel that way at times as well. Do not give up. There's always a brighter step.

No comments:

Post a Comment