Sunday, August 10, 2014

Him in Mind

Alma 29:10 - "... then do I remember his merciful arm which he extended toward me."

It's a bizarre realization that I'm leaving for Utah in less than a week. In anticipation of relinquishing my work computer over to PeaceHealth at the end of my last day tomorrow, dad and I began a quest to find me an economical, reliable computer for school. After dealing with pesky advertising techniques (who on earth displays three copies of a certain brand of a computer and fails to have them stocked?), laughter-filled rides, and teeth-grinding software bureaucracies, I finally had my prize ready to go.
Of course, just like my phone, I was immediately frustrated by how many pointless and trivial things were clogging up the system. I pulled all the nonessentials away from the spotlight, leaving only the bare essentials. This included, in essence, the internet, word processing, and google drive. I removed the distractions of the world away so I could focus on the most important things.
In addition, I made sure to change my backgrounds to help serve as a reminder just whose side I'm on.


He's easy to remember when I put in the effort.

No comments:

Post a Comment