Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Beginning Again

Psalms 102:17 - "He will regard the prayer of the destitute, and not despise their prayer."

Today I started work for the first time, which was a really cool experience. Sure, it was basically just a big training camp for me and all the other RAs across campus, but it was still memorable for a lot of reasons.


At the very beginning, I still didn't really know anyone in the program besides myself and my Hall Advisor, who I'd already managed to leave a bad first impression with during one of my first few nights at the dorms. Walking into the first training room, where breakfast was being served and enthusiastic RAs gathered in joyous throngs, it seemed as though everyone knew someone but me. Contrary to popular belief, I can be a serious introvert at times, particularly when I am in an utterly foreign environment and know nobody at all. As I observed my surroundings, I began to fear that my own insecurities, coupled with the newness of the situation, would prove crippling to gaining any sort of social ground. Desperate, I offered up a prayer, pleading for help.
Within minutes after I'd closed, I'd started up a conversation with two other RAs, the three of us having a serious blast. Since then, I've made numerous acquaintances who will undoubtedly become friends come the end of the coming weeks, and I look forward to seeing where it all goes.
I truly do love my Father.

Want to receive news whenever Change and Cherish is updated? Be sure to follow in the 'Follow by Email' box on the left-hand side of the post!

1 comment: