Saturday, August 30, 2014

The Invitation Challenge

Doctrine and Covenants 58:9 - "Yea, a supper of the house of the Lord, well prepared, unto which all nations shall be invited."

I have a challenge for all my readers on this day!
If you're doing something fun today, make something fun happen. That's not the challenge, actually, but the challenge is that, whatever fun things you're doing, invite someone on the outskirts of your life to have fun with you. Whether it's a neighbor, an old friend, a new acquaintance, call them out! Let them join in with you! There are a lot of people in this world who just aren't ever invited to things, and any invitation will honestly just blow their mind and make their day.
I say this all because I was personally invited to a giant volleyball game among all the RAs yesterday. The invitation blew my mind and made my day, and I had a blast! Not just because I realized how much I enjoy playing volleyball, but also because I was touched by the invitation and the rising camaraderie among fellows.
So, invite someone! Then post in the comments below how it went!


1 comment:

  1. Not long ago I got an unexpected invitation to a special event coming up next month. I was so touched that the hosts thought to invite me! I'll take your challenge, but likely not today. I don't think anyone wants an invitation to help me with laundry or to pay my bills! ;)

    ReplyDelete