Monday, August 4, 2014

Bachelors

 Mark 13:33 - "Take ye heed, watch and pray ..."

It was an event that had been oft spoken of in our household.
"So, youngest sis, bro, and I are leaving to go to camp this summer," mom had said.
"Cool."
"Youngest sis, mom, and I are going to be gone for two whole weeks before we meet you in Provo at the beginning of the semester," bro said.
"Uh-huh."
"Bro, mom, and I are leaving really soon," youngest sis said.
They'd been saying that all summer. "Yep."
Then, comes Saturday. Saturday evening. It was dark.
"So, we're leaving tomorrow around noon, and ..." mom began.
I jolted with surprise. My fork slammed against my plate, and my tachilenchiladarito thing exploded in all directions. "WHAT?!"
So, yesterday, right after sacrament meeting, they were gone, leaving just dad and I on our own.


It's going to be an interesting experience. I work Monday and Tuesday this week, and then I'm all by myself, all day, every day. I got a friend date and a bowling party lined up somewhere in there, but beyond that? I get to learn what it's like to not have constant companionship. I haven't even had that in large doses since I came home from Jamaica, only for maybe an hour or two at most at a time.
Here we go, then...

3 comments: