Saturday, August 9, 2014

Sticking to it

Ezekiel 22:14 - "Can thine heart endure, or can thine hands be strong in the days that I shall deal with thee? ..."

I think the main thing I can be working on right now is my prayers. That a sentence is a grammatical nightmare, but I'll leave it as is. Prayer is supposed to be both meaningful and frequent, but it's easy to slack on one or the other. I think it's one of those things I can't ever really stop improving, an act of devotion that takes a lifetime to master. It's true for my conversations with my loved ones, too; I'll spend my life talking to them, constantly seeking new ways and topics to connect and come closer to them. Why should I expect any different with my Heavenly Father? Relationships, in any form, require work, an effort. I think that's why God doesn't come down and talk to us directly. He knows the perfect way to communicate with us already. If he initiated all communication right now, then we couldn't grow or develop in that regard.


Dad decided to teach me how to drive stick yesterday, and oh man was I terrified. I felt the most comfortable inching along the road in first gear, I stalled out numerous times, including three or four times at an intersection, the car kept lurching back and forward, I was making the most inhuman shrieks as everything collapsed beneath me, dad was laughing hysterically ...
I had a great time! I just hope I don't have to, say, drive a pregnant lady going into labor to the hospital through a zombie-infested wasteland with motorcycle-riding velociraptors riding on my tail. I would probably get killed by the lady.

No comments:

Post a Comment