Friday, August 15, 2014

Leavin' on a jet plane

Matthew 28:19 - "Go ye therefore, and teach all nations..."

Yesterday, I bid farewell to my family's home and started up on my journey to the Y. A lot of factors surrounded my apparent chill about leaving. For starters, I had nearly been driven mad by my solitude the day before, and finally having a change of pace spiced me up a bit. It still hadn't really hit me that I was going to be living on my own again, that I wasn't just traveling to work or on another mini-trip. This was for real.


And for real it was. The day was an adventure, from riding in a taxi to balancing suitcase weights to squeezing in between two long-armed silent Steves to eating Baskin Robbins and Chinese food while discussing Ammon and his ministry to driving through unfamiliar roads in rain to arriving at a crazy stranger's house to pondering the long run-on sentence I would write for my blog the next day to crashing on an air mattress. I was just grateful the Lord saw us through to the end.



No comments:

Post a Comment