Wednesday, September 2, 2015

Trust: Another Email



Yes, I was disappointed. That wasn't the only rejection letter I got yesterday, either. They were coming like flies to a slaughter.

As I lay in bed, thinking about it, I thought of the story featured on this video. I don't usually embed, but I figured today would be appropriate. There's a key phrase in there that has stuck with me for a very long time.


"I know what I want you to be."

I think there's a chance God doesn't want me to be a published author, at least not for a few more years. I don't yet know what He wants me to be. But I know He knows what's best for me. And so, I trust.

Of course, I still have some thirty submissions still floating around out there in the market. That may mean another thirty rejections, or, maybe, even just one more full request. Either way, I have a few more months before I enact my plan to start self-publishing, and then, the real fun can begin.

We'll see where this all goes. But that doesn't really answer an all-important question.

What are you going to be?

Be sure to throw your vote up on the poll to your right, and I'll see you tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment