Saturday, September 5, 2015

Perseverance: Alex Boye Concert


This past weekend, my family and I went out to go see a concert put on by the one and only Alex Boye, if you didn't already read the title. Here's a quick photo summary of what that was like!






YAY SO MUCH CONCERT

I don't know if you followed Alex when he went on America's Got Talent (I don't watch the show myself), but, about midway through the concert, he told the audience how, right before he got disqualified in the second round, he told the judges his dream to run a live show.

After Alex got disqualified, he posted a single hashtag on his social medias: #notdoneyet

Then, he made an announcement. I was under the impression that this was the first time any member of the public had heard about this, but there it was, out in the open.

Shortly following his departure from America's Got Talent, some big time hotshot fellow called him and offered him his own live show, every Friday night, in Vegas. The point of the story was, what some called this performer's greatest failure led to his greatest success.


I doubt this failure of mine will lead to my greatest success, at least right now. However, I, too, can say I'm not done yet. I have a whole life and a whole career in front of me. I'm not going to give up yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment