Tuesday, September 15, 2015

Thinkjoust Tuesday #17 - Tests vs. Papers


Print: 62.5%
Audio: 25%
eBooks: 12.5%

Well, looks like all of you all prefer the classical taste! Given my plans to begin the process of self-publication this January, I might be in trouble.


I think you all know which I prefer.

Tests, obviously!

HA WHAT A KIDDER I AM

No, seriously, I'm a writer. I like writing papers a whole lot more than I like taking tests.

I thought of this thinkjoust while I was signing up for the GRE. I may or may not be possibly maybe sometimes sort of probably at times be going to grad school this next year. This means, of course, I need to take a test. You'll probably hear more about that later.

Either way, I like papers because I feel as though they more accurately demonstrate my knowledge of things. I may not know everything off the top of my head--in fact, I rarely know anything off the top of my head--but I can capture my understanding of the things I've learned when I'm given ample time and resources to write it all down.

For me, tests are more like memory games. Tests seem interested in determining how many random trivia facts I've picked up, even though I will never need to know such facts off the top of my head in a real-world application, anyway. Even professors have to study their material before they teach it.

I don't know. I obviously have a chip on my shoulder. So what do you think? Be sure to comment below, or vote on the poll at the top of the page!

No comments:

Post a Comment