Wednesday, September 23, 2015

Stop Talking About Donald Trump



For my non american readers, I apologize for this tangent.

For my american readers, I acknowledge the hypocrisy in this post. Just bear with me a moment.\

I don't particularly like Donald Trump. I'm sure we would get along swimmingly if we did meet in person, if only because I consider myself an amiable and forgiving chap. Regardless, while I can't speak of my personal relationship with Trump, I can mention some things that I don't like about his campaign.

Trump loves insulting his fellows. To be fair, this is generally a staple in most American elections, so we can't blame him for that. The following link goes to an article outlining everyone he's dissed since he began his campaign, current to at least the publication date.



The thing is, Trump knows how to bite, but he can't handle it when someone else bites back. We all know about his feud with Megyn Kelly, but I think this following article will help fully demonstrate how incredibly thin-skinned and sensitive he really is. And just to be clear, I disagree with the article's title following the comma.



I mean, I could understand one disgruntled tweet, but over thirty? The man is 69, and yet he's staying up until 4:30am because he was so angry he couldn't sleep?

Finally, to drive my point home, an article was recently released outlining some of Trump's latest intentions.



If this guy is as rich as he claims, then he doesn't need the money from this lawsuit. He's just lashing out so he can nurse his delicately fragile ego.

This is not a man we are dealing with. This is a man-child, a bully, someone who talks big and hits hard, but cringes and whines if someone so much as turns him a disapproving eye. I don't want a blustery cry-baby as the leader over a major world power, least of all over my country. He seems more like a political parody than an actual potential candidate. If you want to see an example of what I'm talking about, check out this video.


But there's a reason why Donald is at the forefront of everybody's mind. It's a problem I'm technically perpetuating with this very post.

Everyone keeps talking about him.

We, as humans, are fascinated with real-life drama. We read all about celebrities' personal lives, we watch videos outlining the latest controversies, we read about Donald Trump because he's a madman that's funny to read about and watch.

The media latches on to that. They get money for every article we click on, for every video we watch, and so they are doing their very best to pump out as much new controversy as they can to pump as much money out of their Donald Trump media franchises as they can. If we treated Donald Trump like we do Vermin Supreme in that video up there, and we didn't take him seriously at all ...

... then the media would stop making him the center of attention.

There are so many excellent and qualified candidates out there, and nobody even knows their names. They get no media attention because the Donald is hogging all the airtime. The worst thing is, he knows that, and he's milking that for all its worth.

So I have a challenge for you all today.

I know I just invited you to read several articles about Trump, but I now want to invite you to stop. Don't look at anything about Trump. Don't give the media pageviews. Don't suggest to any major networks that Trump is worth talking about. Or, if you can't handle that, then spend as much time learning about Trump as you do learning about every single other candidate. Give them your time, too.

As for me, I'm done. For the duration of the GOP debates, I will not look at another Trump article, I will not write about Trump, and I will only speak of him to encourage my fellows to go on a Trump media fast. Let's get him out of the forefront of our minds. There are more important things to focus on.

This is Zachary James, signing off until tomorrow.

2 comments:

  1. I can dig it. Really, I see him as a distraction from the serious candidates.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There are several articles in the blog sphere that you (may or may not know you) are echoing as to this topic. I reiterate that if you really espouse this notion you should not offer any comment whatever. Too late, you just Trumped yourself.

    ReplyDelete