Friday, September 18, 2015

Take the Plunge: Shooting the Tube


I'm not much of a, "Let's get out there and do something crazy," kind of guy. I'm more of a, "I want to stay in and read a book," kind of guy.

Because of this mentality, I often have a habit of turning people down whenever they want me to get out there and do something crazy. "Naw," I'll say. "Not my cup of cake." Inevitably, my friends will return bursting with stories about how awesome their crazy thing was, and, to my dismay, I'll wish I'd gone with them.

Recently, I decided to be more active in taking life by the horns. I'll go to football games, I decided. I'll accept invitations to play recreational sports, I'll be willing to get out there and do something crazy.

This past Labor Day, I had the chance to do just that.


We went, and we shot the tube.

Basically, a natural stream flows down this mountain into a man made pipe. When you take several pieces of wood and metal and block this pipe's entrance, the water begins to build up on the other side. Taking the thing you brought to ride on, like an inner tube, a boogie board, or even a sledding disc, you sit in the tube and wait for someone to pull up on the blockage.

Whoosh! Down this tube you, well, shoot, blasting down it in a wave of water before crashing down into another body of water at the other end.

It was super legit, super intense, and I had an absolute BLAST.

Again, like always, I was hesitant to commit to going. However, in the end, I walked away feeling rather pleased with my decision.

My challenge to all of you is to find opportunities like this. You may be like me, preferring to sit at home and peruse blog posts until the cows come home, but you can do that anytime. Find something you wouldn't normally be able to do from the comfort of your own home, and then get out there.

Ready for this title drop?

Go on. Take the plunge.

No comments:

Post a Comment