Wednesday, September 16, 2015

Modern-Day Parable: Hectic Campus


I liked the spring and summer semesters over here. Campus was quiet, you saw more individuals than you did crowds, you had more silence to think into ...

Of course, that all changed when fall semester started. 

Walking through the library recently prompted some amount of rage on my part. I'd already been struggling with finding a good internet connection, a near impossible task considering the thousands of people trying to use the school's wifi at the same time. When I saw all these individuals milling around and doing whatever it was they were trying to do, I felt a bit like my country had been invaded by an opposing army. 


I staked my claim here long ago! I thought. Who are all of you to take a break and then come back to school like you own the place? Get out of here!

I knew I was being stupid, of course. They were paying for the same privileges I was.

That, of course, got me thinking about the parable told in Matthew 20. As always, the link is up there at the very top. Be sure to hit me up with any comments or questions! And don't forget the poll!

*aka The Parable of the Workers in the Vineyard

No comments:

Post a Comment