Monday, October 13, 2014

Miracles (poem) [with Added Commentary]

Mormon 9:21 - "Behold, I say unto you that whoso believeth in Christ, doubting nothing, whatsoever he shall ask the Father in the name of Christ it shall be granted him; and this promise is unto all, even unto the ends of the earth."

I've never walked on water
nor watched anyone the same
I've never brought back the dead
nor seen to whom to blame

I've never moved a mountain,
nor even watched one tremble
And what I have broken
I cannot reassemble

I've never turned five loaves of
bread to fifty or more
But the stories I cherish the most
Are from those days of yore

Even despite the miracles
I won't or have never seen
There is no doubt, in heart or mind,
that I still believe

The common phrase is simple
"Faith is just believing"
But the suggested ease
Can be slightly deceiving

My belief is mine, while
Yours is up to you
But I'm not to say building that
is as easy as one two

Your journey is your own
I am no guide, I cannot say
How you will grow your faith
Each and every day

But I am here to witness
That miracles I know

A seed grows
A river flows
A calf lows
A wind blows
A cock crows
A face glows
And we go

I wrote a commentary about this post on July 23, 2015. Click here to read.

No comments:

Post a Comment