Monday, October 20, 2014

Balanced (Part 2)

Ephesians 3:14 - "For this cause I bow my knees unto the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ"


 Much better!

Yesterday was an antithesis to the previous day. I...

  • Woke up early for a meeting that never happened 
  • Used the extra time to finish my journal and blog post 
  • Enjoyed a very spiritually uplifting church block 
  • Organized and ran an effective floor meeting 
  • Found myself with my entire daily 'To Do' list more or less completed 
  • Decided to begin tackling digitizing the notes I took during moments of inspiration throughout my mission 
  • Went to ward choir and prayer, and
  • Played board games with my friends until midnight.

All in all, it was a very productive day, and I closed out with an extreme satisfaction as to what I accomplished.

Yes, yesterday was full and busy, and it even bled into today. This morning was chock full of important tasks I've been hoping to accomplish, but my reverie last night and my determination to be productive this morning meant I tipped over too far in one direction again. I got a very minimal amount of sleep, and though I was upbeat and full of energy this very morning, now that I've reached the afternoon, I'm hitting a wall. Argh!

Ah, well, so it goes. Like I said yesterday, the Lord wants me and you to find a balance, and we'll probably spend our whole lives doing so. The most important thing is, whether we're being too busy or too idle, if we put the Lord first, always, then we'll turn out right. He'll nudge us in the right direction. So, whether you feel like the Me of Saturday--bland, lazy, and drained--the Me of Sunday--energized, vitalized, and ready to rumble--or the Me of Today--somewhere in the middle--a few minutes on your knees will help you know where to reach.

I love you guys! See you tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment