Wednesday, October 8, 2014

Growing One Step at a Time

Isaiah 28:13 - "But the word of the Lord was unto them precept upon precept ... line upon line ... here a little, and there a little..."

As most of my early readers probably remember, I have a lot of regrets surrounding my first few months back home. The crux of the issue was that I was insensitive to the emotional needs of certain individuals, which led to some heartache on at least my part.

My RA class has actually proved quite instructional about being sensitive to individual needs. After all, being a Resident Assistant is all about, you know, assisting residents with their various crises, including the emotional ones. As I've sat in class, learning the things I wish I knew months ago, I've found myself wondering why the Lord wanted me to learn these things after a time when I now feel I needed them most. Would I have appreciated the teaching prior to when I needed it? Maybe He just hoped I would be able to figure it out on my own, and then sent me the training I needed when I failed. Or is this simply an answer to a prayer all those months ago?

Either way, I sometimes feel overwhelmed by all I have to learn in this life, and find great frustration when I learn a lesson, at least in my perspective, too late or too early. In those times, I try to trust that the Lord knows what He's doing, guiding me to where I need to go. I mean, I'm sure some children wonder why their parents don't teach them how to use the remote, even while said parents are still struggling to teach them how to use the potty trainer. Even I, as one of God's 'adult' children, can't fathom why I'm taught things in the way they've so far come.

So, like the above verse says, I go forward, learning a little bit at a time, precept upon precept, line upon line, just hoping everything will be fine as I square my shoulders and do my part. And I hope you will, too. Hey, I know you will!



No comments:

Post a Comment