Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Pathways

Acts 9:5 - "And he said, Who art thou, Lord? And the Lord said, I am Jesus whom thou persecutest: it is hard for thee to kick against the pricks."

I'm in a stage of my life where I have a lot of decisions to make. I'm sure most of you are, too. It seems like you never really leave that 'stage' of your life until you're getting embalmed, which actually sounds like it would be pretty relaxing if you were at all aware throughout the experience. I guess the point I'm making with that strange declaration is that decisions bring stress. Seems fair, I guess?

Anyway, tangential rambling aside, I've been trying to make some major decisions over the past little while and have felt a little worried about the consequences of any and all of the potential choices. I was talking with younger sis on the phone yesterday about everything I was considering, and she felt prompted to remind me of the advice I'd given her some time ago, which I based off this video. (Click the link to watch!)

I didn't know how to take a picture of a phone conversation with my camera phone, so I took a picture of the desk I was sitting with my camera phone while I was talking on it. #FWP

Younger sis told me I needed to remember that I may very well make some wrong choices, but that's Ok! Maybe the Lord just wants me to head down a few wrong paths so that way I can know for sure when I finally choose the right path. I was very appreciative of the reminder, and decided to make more decisions with confidence, ever relying on the Spirit for guidance, but going forth with faith, not worrying too much about if what I choose will take me down the wrong path for a time. If I am worthy, if I am faithful, if I am trusting in the Lord, as many of my leaders have assured me in the past, I'll be nudged in the right direction.

And the same goes for you! So get out there and trust!

No comments:

Post a Comment