Thursday, October 23, 2014

Let your Light So Shine: Dance-Off Challenge Continues (with Added Commentary)

Doctrine & Covenants 136:18 - "If thou art merry, praise the Lord with singing, with music, with dancing, and with a prayer of praise and thanksgiving."

So, I'm not very good at dancing. Nor am I good at choreography. You may ask why I was one of the three primary choreographers for our Thriller dance in our RA group. I wondered, too, especially since my blocking turned our stage into some kind of space robot.

If you don't see it, go watch some Star Trek for an hour or something.

All in all, though, most of you know I am a severe advocate of letting your light so shine (aw, gee, what a surprise, it wasn't like the title spoiled the topic for you or anything), and I believe this even when you're not sure if what you're doing is really, you know, your color of Christmas lights (Too soon?).

So, sure, I didn't really know what I was doing. But I was helping in the way I could, and even though my winged zombie idea was totes shot down (WARNING: Link leads to video containing a SPOILER [The ending to Doctor Faustus] and potentially disturbing imagery if you don't like stage demons dragging an actor down to stage Hell. Don't make deals with the devil, kids. But it shows my wing idea!), I managed to not feel like a total deadweight to the party.

In that sense, as I experimented with a potentially new talent, I let the light so shine because, though I am certainly not the best choreographer or dancer, I was able to develop that part of me.

The real professionals are on either side of me. I'm just the terrible artist!
Be sure to try something new today! I dare ya!

I wrote a commentary about this post on August 13, 2015. Click here to read!

No comments:

Post a Comment