Tuesday, October 21, 2014

FHE: Recycle Maze

I'm going to get up on a soapbox a little bit today.

This is NOT my soapbox, though I did stand on those boxes yesterday.
I swear by FHE. I had a wonderful Family Home Evening yesterday, organized by our fearless 'FHE dad.' After the spiritual thought, we visited a 'recycle maze,' made completely out of, well, you guess it, recycling. It was actually pretty innovative, and effectively got me scrambled up and down and left and right. The sad thing was, very few people actually joined our 'family.'

What is family home evening? It's an opportunity for families to come together and do something that helps them have fun, build relationships of trust and love, create memories to cherish, and, most importantly, grow stronger spiritually. True, it's different in a college setting, where your family is a bunch of peers you barely know, but, regardless, all those qualities I listed are still possible given any sort of FHE environs.

Along with regular scripture study, church attendance, and prayer, prophets have strongly urged use to participate in Family Home Evening. "They have promised that our dedication to this program will help protect [us] against the evils of our time and will bring us abundant joy now and throughout the eternities."

So, if you don't have plans for an FHE this week, make one happen! It doesn't have to even be on Monday (the traditional day for such a thing). And, in return, I can promise you those same blessings I've listed above, because I've seen them happen in my own personal life.

No comments:

Post a Comment