Monday, October 6, 2014

Conference Report: 184th SemiAnnual

Watch the Broadcast

I've mentioned how wonderful it is to have a modern-day prophet to speak to us like Moses spoke to the children of Israel. Well, this past weekend, men and women like Peter, Paul, Stephen, and Philip delivered God's messages to the world via a semi-annual worldwide broadcast that lasted two days and ten hours. It was awesome! It was a blessing! I tried to chronicle my individual journey as bets as I could via pictures. Here we go:

Taking notes while watching in fold-back mode on my laptop during the Saturday morning session.
A Historical moment: The first non-English (I think) talk delivered during a General Conference.

Pulling into Salt Lake between Saturday morning and afternoon sessions.

The friend I wrote about yesterday!

Trying to catch the Saturday afternoon session above the City Creek McDonald's using their terrible Wifi.

The Salt Lake Temple from an overview at City Creek.

Another potential friend.

Crowds of Mormons gather on the lawn outside the old tabernacle to listen to the broadcast via the speaker system.

The Salt Lake Temple towering over the tabernacle.

The conference center. Taken from about halfway through Temple Square, coming from City Creek.

Listening to conference on the my smart phone radio app. Thank you, KSL.

Witnessing a small missionary reunion.

Trying to watch conference in the theaters in the North Visitor's center.

Riding the elevator up to priesthood session with my bro.

The priesthood session, as viewed from the back row.
Going out for celebratory waffles following the session.
Watching the Sunday sessions at a friend's house.

Looking over Utah Valley to reflect on the past two and a half years.


No comments:

Post a Comment