Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Yer a Cougar, Harry (with Added Commentary)

Matthew 28:20 - "... I am with you alway, even to the end of the world ..."

It was my first day of school yesterday, a good week or two behind the rest of the nation, apparently, which would give me reason to rub it in y'alls' faces if I wasn't keenly aware that I lost a spring break because of it. OH WELL I GUESS.
I have five classes, four of which I went to yesterday. I actually enjoyed all of them quite immensely, though was obviously frustrated by the large amounts of work I immediately realized I would have to perform by the end of the week, no less. It was ridiculous, yet expected, and rather than go home and play video games the rest of the evening, as I would have done my freshman year, I actually stayed on campus and attempted to study. It was an amazing plot twist. I'm sure no one was expecting it. Shoot, I was surprised.
Of course, work played a large part throughout the day, as I went to my RA/STDEV class, a staff meeting, and then was willingly roped into another board game by my residents right before my bed time.


Again, being out here on this campus reminded me of how easy it is to incorporate the gospel into every aspect of your life. Opening prayers for my geology class, out-of-staters commenting on all the Mormons they can see, and gaggles of gals swarming past talking about engagements, break-ups, pregnancies, and attending law school because they didn't get married in their first four years. It was awesome. The spirit of Christ can be anywhere, if you''ll let him.

I wrote a commentary about this post on March 12, 2015. Click here to read!

2 comments:

  1. In all kindness, your headlines/titles need a little work. Who's Harry? Harry Potter? I don't get the reference... And "One Fourth" threw me at first. I figured it out, but I doubt many of your followers did. And "How to Spread" conjures up all sorts of possibilities, some of which are not worth mentioning, but it begs the question: Spread what? Influence? Gospel truth? Yourself thin? Light? Your wings? Your boundaries? Anyway, take my complaint as a compliment: "Generally, I complain about things I like. In fact, generally, the more I can complain about them, the more I like them." ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! Thank you for the input and the clever reference! You are absolutely right. So right, in fact, that I was in the middle of drafting a lengthy response before deciding it would be better if I used today's post to explain my process and why my titles are so terrible. Not to excuse myself, of course, but hey. I'll post my full reply soon! Thanks for the inspiration, Whitney! :)

      Delete