Saturday, September 13, 2014

Being Productive on Days Off

Doctrine and Covenants 72:3 - "And verily in this thing ye have done wisely, for it is required of the Lord, at the hand of every steward, to render an account of his stewardship, both in time and in eternity."

.... Because, you see, I wasn't, I still haven't been today.
The cool thing about my class schedule is that I don't have any classes on Fridays, which means I have one whole extra day to really crack down on my journal and novel and blog and homework and be really productive and be proud of what I've accomplished for the day and ...
... Oh, wait, is that my alarm? I'm not doing anything today. I'll just turn it off and sleep for as long as I want and ...
... OH MY IS THAT THE SUN OUTSIDE? 11:45?!


This is ok. It's ok! I'm going out for lunch with friends at 1:00pm, I'm playing DnD at 6:00pm, that gives me about four or five hours to finish up some good ol' transcribing and typing and ...
... goodness I like being social, don't I? It's 6:00pm, and I've only finished a blog post and not even gotten through my daily journal goal!
...It's 2:00pm now. I finally got all the little daily things done. I guess I'll just head off to bed and wake up early so I can do a better job getting things all taken care of and ...
... Darn it, it's 11:30.
The link says it all, I hope. So now I'm going to lock myself out from the outside world and cram a whole heap of something in until Stake Conference and my ASL Homework Movie later tonight, for which I couldn't even get a date. WHHEHEEHEEHE
Love you guys! See you tomorrow!

1 comment:

  1. Being social is good. In fact it is a necessity. Perhaps relationship building should be first on our daily to-do lists. Check out this quote:

    "Life’s greatest joys and also its greatest sorrows come from the relationships we have with others. In fact, our existence is quite dependent upon this interaction with individuals and with groups of individuals. ... [S]hould we not engage ourselves in building good relationships before we build earthly mansions? Should we not cultivate the deepest possible feelings for those within our circle before we aspire to status and security?" Ensign editorial, May 1971. https://www.lds.org/ensign/1971/07/editorial-building-relationships?lang=eng&query=relationships

    ReplyDelete