Tuesday, September 2, 2014

One Fourth

2 Nephi 5:29 - "... kept the records upon my plates, which I had made, of my people thus far ..."

As I believe I've mentioned before, one of my larger writing projects, if not arguably the largest, is digitizing my mission journals, typing them up so I can have and distribute a digital copy among my family members. I also intend to try and publish selected portions of these journals at a later date.


It took me a while, but I finally understand why the prophets and apostles want us to keep records of our days. I can't imagine all the things I would have already forgotten had I not kept track of my daily encounters. This blog, in a way, is my journal, though with a more specific audience in mind, and therefore containing less detail than my mission journals ever did. Looking back and seeing the friends I've made and the experiences I've had will keep my mission alive for me in such a way that I doubt few others things could.
My challenge for my readers today is to ensure this happens. Write down your testimony. Start a spiritually-minded blog (ha!). Do something to remind you of what you know when things get a little rough. I can promise you will cherish what you have kept and saved. I already do.

No comments:

Post a Comment