Saturday, September 20, 2014

Building Friendships: Party all Night (with Added Commentary)

Proverbs 18:24 - "A man that hath friends must shew himself friendly: and there is a friend that sticketh closer than a brother."

Sometimes, there's nothing better than doing stupid things with a large group of friends.

We RAs at May Hall have a bit of a reputation for being antisocial, seeing as how most of us never make any sort of appearance at any RA-based social activities. None of us are there for werewolf, none of us are there for Uno, none of us are there for just 'chillins' times. This reputation has come back around to us, and so a few of us are trying to overcome that by making more active appearances at the party times.

As it was, my fellow May Hall RA and I were assigned to rove together last night, including checking out the stoplight dance Helaman Halls was throwing on for the freshmen.


Just before we were finished with our shift, we were invited by one of our fellow RAs to join a massive group of them heading off to Sonic. It was 1:25am at this point, but we were like, sure, why not?

Well, Sonic was nearly closed, so we ended up trooping into IHOP instead and filling up with pancakes and hashbrowns and eggs and bacon and all the delicious breakfast stuff one usually has at least two hours later than when we were having it. By the time we all got back, we were staggering into bed around 4:30 am, and I, of course, had to wake up at 8:00am to join my gaming group for our pre-established time.


The thing is, though, even though I'm bone-curdling tired even as I write this post, I wouldn't trade those moments with my fellow RAs for nothing. I got to know some of them better than ever before, and the memories and experience of the event easily stomp any memories or experience I would have had just by heading off to bed right after my shift.

And so, though I've had challenges very similar to this recently, my challenge today is this: go make some memories with someone! Right now! And then, never forget.

I wrote a commentary about this post on April 23, 2015. Click here to read!

No comments:

Post a Comment