Sunday, September 7, 2014

Fill Your Space with Spiritual Reminders

2 Nephi 25:26 - "And we talk of Christ, we rejoice in Christ, we preach of Christ, we prophesy of Christ, and we write ..."

I really want to personalize my space in a way unlike I ever have before, starting with my plans to slap posters all up and down my room.
Even in something as simple as decorating my personal space, I want to be able to really demonstrate who I am, what I stand for, and what my goals are in life. For example, my Lord of the Rings, Doctor Who, generic steampunk, and brony posters aren't displayed in this picture, instead scattered across the other parts of my room, but each represent some aspect of my life and the goals I'm trying to set for myself. I would go into the details how and why, but that's not why I wrote this post. I wrote this post to draw attention to my personal favorite wall hanging.


Something as simple as a painting of Jesus holding a lamb really helps to remind me who it is I'm really serving as I go about each day. Keeping it by my bedside means I don't miss it when I go to bed, nor do I miss it when I wake up. And, on the plus side, whenever I have a visitor, I irrevocably display my devotion and commitment to my Lord and Savior. Of course, just having a poster doesn't really prove anything, but it at least will serve as a reminder when I begin to slip in the promises I've made. And, for me, that is enough. 

No comments:

Post a Comment