Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Search for His Name

3 Nephi 27:7 - "Therefore, whatsoever ye shall do, ye shall do it in my name ..."

I've been more grateful than I can express for the kind words all of you have said about my blog recently. I've been touched by some of your comments, which have helped me recognize I am accomplishing my goal of spiritually uplifting my readers, something I certainly worried about at the beginning. Thank you.

In the meantime, when I'm not writing my blog, HOLY HASHTAG I AM BUSY.


I hoped this 'PrtSc' would be able to properly illustrate everything I'm juggling, including the multiple open word documents and the four stickies will with things I need to do and the millions of tabs open in the internet browser.

Yesterday, I came home around 4:00pm and, with one hour-long break for Family Home Evening, just cooped myself up in my room and sloughed over my many school assignments and personal projects. Finally, 10:30pm rolled around, and I was impossibly furious at everything in my room. I hated my computer. I hated my desk. I hated my textbooks. I hated my sink. I hated my couch. I hated my pillow.

I decided I needed to go for a walk.

I finally stopped after I'd cooled down a bit and decided to crack open my Gospel Library app, as I hadn't yet read my scriptures for the day. The first chapter I read was 3 Nephi 27, and the seventh verse, as so kindly linked to at the top of the page, caught my attention.

The context behind the verse is when Jesus was counseling His disciples to call the church in His name after much disputation pertaining to the matter. So, in this verse's case, Christ was telling his disciples that, if they are to do all things in His name, what else are they supposed to call His church? However, just that single fragment, what I left at the top of the post, got me thinking. Obviously, I know I'm writing this blog 'in His name,' in essence, writing about my thoughts on  Gospel truths in an attempt to encourage and uplift others. However, with everything else bogging life down, I think it can sometimes be difficult to see ways that I can, for example, write my Geography current event paper "in His name." However, we are promised that we can find ways, if we only seek them. Sitting there outside the Marriott, trying to ignore the cute, happy couples giggling past me, pondering that single verse, I was grateful I was reminded to keep searching.

2 comments:

  1. If that's your Geography current events paper on the left of your screen shot, then I'd say you are on the right track! The fragment shown demonstrates Christlike qualities of love and compassion for all of our Father's children, and such love - or charity - is the defining attribute of Deity and the most critical attribute for us to master in our own lives. Also, while not everything we do or learn or speak will be of a gospel nature, why and to what purpose we do anything can be - if we do it to glorify God, to be molded in His image, and to become more effective and credible instruments in His hands. You demonstrate over and over again that you are on the right path. Every day you make me want to do better and be better. Thanks for letting us all walk that path with you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! And thanks for walking with me! :)

    ReplyDelete