Thursday, September 11, 2014

Smiling through Hard Times (with Added Commentary)

2 Nephi 2:26 - "... to act for themselves, and not to be acted upon ..."

This picture was taken when I was sick. When I am sick, really, but you know you know.


I remember telling my elementary school teachers whenever I started to feel sick at school, and they would immediately disbelieve me. "You keep smiling, keep laughing," they'd say. "How sick can you possibly be?"
But that's just the thing. It is so easy to allow something beyond our control ruin or dictate our days, to turn us into grumpy, angry individuals without any of our usual cheer.
Indeed, we always have a choice. Why not choose to be happy in times of illness or struggle?

I wrote a commentary about this post on April 2, 2015. Click here to read!

No comments:

Post a Comment