Thursday, September 25, 2014

Giving Compliments (with Added Commentary)

2 Samuel 2:6 - "And now the Lord shew kindness and truth unto you: and I also will requite you this kindness, because ye have done this thing.

Some people don't like compliments. I can understand that. After all, if someone compliments me, I usually don't know how to respond in kind, and end up getting all flustered and looking silly. What's even worse is when I'm first getting to know someone, and I end up using my normal self-deprecating humor around them. Of course they will repudiate the tongue-in-cheek-yet-still-negative-statement about myself, which not only flusters me, but makes me feel guilty. I mean, I really don't want to look like I'm fishing for compliments, but recently, I feel as though I've been appearing as though I have been.

Anyway, the main point is, look at all these people!


Despite the fact that some people may feel awkward after a good compliment, everyone deserves one. My simple challenge for you today is to go compliment someone today! Compliment someone you know! Compliment someone you don't know! You look at all those people in that picture, and you just have no idea what they're going through or experiencing. Whatever it is, brighten their day. I dare you.

I wrote a commentary about this post on May 7, 2015. Click here to read!

No comments:

Post a Comment