Wednesday, July 1, 2015

Where You're Needed: Canyon Drive



One of my best friends recently came back from her mission, and we've been hanging out a lot. We even took a couple of selfies to commemorate the occasion! 


That picture was incidentally taken last weekend, on Saturday. My typical modus operandi on those days is to go out into nature to take pictures for my Sunday Snapshot the following day (click here to visit this past weekend's shot), and so I invited my friend along.

We parked somewhere above the lake and took a few pictures here and there, talking about life, the universe, and everything. It was pretty dang cool.


As we were leaning against my car, she and I both started talking about our various experiences on our respective missions. While I served in Jamaica, and she in Mexico, we recognized some parallels between our stories, and had a good time subtly attempting to imply the other was more spiritual than we, ourselves, were.

After I really thought about it, though, I acknowledge we'd both done a lot of good in our own separate spheres. It all truthfulness, it was really hard to deeply compare our missions, because each of us, with our different strengths and weaknesses, utilized them in ways that only we could have in those critical moments. It was obvious that the two of us had been placed where we were needed exactly when, and that, of course, brought me peace.

And that's true now, too. I have talents and skills and abilities and even needs that not all people have. Inversely, many of my friends and fellows are strong in areas where I am weak, and vice versa, again! It just doesn't matter, though, because no matter who I am or what I've become, God will place me where I am needed. The same goes for you.

I've taken the opportunity this past little while to consider several key instances in which I've interacted with various sons and daughters of God. Sometimes, I feel as though I may have eased a burden. Other times, I feel as though my own burden has been lifted by them.

So, I thank you, my friends and family, and I also thank God for putting you into my life. You are where you are supposed to be. I know that.

No comments:

Post a Comment