Monday, July 13, 2015

Daily Adventure: Beer Hat


A little while ago, I abruptly decided I needed a beer hat. For sodas, you see. Why should beer get all the fun, amiright?

Upon taking on the role and responsibilities of the beer hat's caretaker, I set about to give it a nice little test run. Choosing the sprite, I popped 'em and inserted the cans into their holding places.


I quickly learned that necks are not generally accustomed to supporting full soda cans, plus however much the hat weighs. In addition, the liquid dribbling down my shoulders taught me that keeping my back perfectly straight would require constant vigilance. In the end, I concluded the convenience of hands-free drinking was far smaller than simply reaching out and lifting to my lips every once in a while.

Yet, I had fun! It was a wonderful experiment, and now I know what to expect for the next time I'm tempted to buy ridiculous headgear.

That simple decision to buy a stupid hat offered a me new and fresh experience. And that was just a small moment. There are so many wonderful things out there in this world of ours, new opportunities I know I miss every day. I, for one, am trying to do a better job just experiencing all that is available.

What brave new step will YOU take?

Why not carpe diem?

No comments:

Post a Comment