Tuesday, July 21, 2015

Thinkjoust Tuesday: Gatorade vs. Powerade


Last week's results: Gum v. Mints

Gum: 60%
Mints: 40%

Darn! After some thought, I eventually decided to cast my lot with mints, but it looks like gum pulled ahead in the end. Maybe next time, I should add my own voice to the poll.


In all honesty, I think I'm actually pretty biased about this one.

When I was young, my dad was immensely proud of Gatorade due his University of Florida's involvement in the drink's creation. As it was, we four children ended up drinking a whole heap of it throughout our lives.

However, recently, Gatorade's attempts to produce different kinds of drinks and weird flavors and science jargon have kind of thrown me off. In my opinion, their Gs 1 through 3 all taste the same and produce the same effect on me. I much liked their original stuff better. In the end, I think I lean toward Powerade now, first because it is more simple, and second because it is more accessible out where I now live.

Really, though it's this commercial link that really sums it up for me.

What do you think? Be sure to add your voice to the comments below, as well as to the poll on the right-hand side, just below the ad.

4 comments:

  1. Gatorade uses fetus flavoring, I guess. Good thing Powerade is cheaper. Strawberry Lemonade, Orange, and Melon are pretty good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have no idea what Lord Gavin Strawn is referring to in his description of Gatorade flavoring, and I do not think I want to know, especially since my vote is for Gatorade. I just ignore the Gs line. However, their lower-sugar G2 product, which is basically the original with less sugar, is the best development in sports drinks since Gatorade was first invented. Most sports drinks, including original Gatorade, have more sugar than is necessary for nutrient replacement. So for me, it's the G2 version of the original lemon-lime Gatorade.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is actually a really good point! Thanks for educating me! :) Perhaps I'll vote for Gatorade after all.

      Delete