Saturday, July 4, 2015

Intervention: The Stupid Duckling


A few days ago, my coworker and I were fulfilling one of our many responsibilities when we noticed a peculiar sight.

In case you can't tell, there's a whole hoard of ducklings in the gutter, there.
The ducklings were unable to jump up the curb, and so were following their maternal figure from below. Mamma duck was doing her best to stay near her children, but the presence of us pedestrians had prompted her to warily back off. She kept hovering, thought, perhaps hoping she would be able to at least save a few instead of lose all.

The question was posed as to how the one duckling had found a way up onto the curb when the rest had not. After some thought, I had an answer.

"The duckling on top is smart. The rest are stupid."

I received an earful for that, let me tell you.

Anyway, we quickly figured out the ducklings were easily corralled against the side of the curb. With a couple of scoops, we deposited the ducklings at the same elevation as their mother, allowing the little family to make a beeline for the bushes just in case we changed our minds and ended up eating them, anyway.

DAW SO ADORBS

For me, it was another example of how God works in my life. Sometimes, I am just too stupid to figure a way over my obstacles. Then, when things seem most dire, and some monstrous beast of a problem looms high over my head, a solution somehow immediately presents itself. Sometimes even the problem itself offers the best solution. In the end, I am always assured that I am never alone, and that safety is only a hop, skip, and a jump away.

THE HEROES

How has God helped you over the curbs in your life? Be sure to comment below!

No comments:

Post a Comment