Wednesday, July 29, 2015

Weaknesses: Terrible Repair Job


It was a beautiful day at my workplace. The sun was shining, the birds were singing, and I was strolling through a building double-checking my job well done.

As I passed by a certain sink, I noticed something seemed off. Oh, ho! I thought. What's this?


Upon further inspection, I discovered this.


Well, what was the point of that? I thought.

I left the building shortly thereafter. The sun was still shining. The birds were still singing.

Everything was fine.

Whoever had been assigned to work on that hole in the wall had ended up covering it up rather than just taking care of the problem. I'm sure he had plans to eventually come back, but as it was, the problem still remained. Any of the youths coming in for a conference would undoubtedly be more intrigued by the cover-up job than they would have been by the hole itself.

Much like a hole in the wall, I am continually aware of my negative qualities. Sometimes, I am actively attempting to improve myself. Other times, I try to ignore I have a problem and move on.

I have personally found that, as I make improvements, the overall pain I feel decreases because I have to shoulder the burden for a shorter amount of time. When I try to ignore the things I dislike about myself, it becomes much harder to bear.

No matter what happens, though, things aren't as bad as they seem. I may have a glaring weakness, but there are still so many positives out there in the world today.

After all, the sun is still shining. The birds are still singing. And I am still working.

No comments:

Post a Comment