Tuesday, March 31, 2015

Fighting Back: Ill Week


Since I returned from my mission, there have been few illnesses that have literally kept me from accomplishing the things I need to do. As it is, I have missed most of my classes the past two days. I probably would have missed all of them were it not for the RA appreciation party held today, for which I only dragged myself out of bed for two reasons. 

First, I'd made a promise I'd be there. 

Second, I needed to eat something, a simple task I hadn't completed for nearly eighteen hours. 

Thankfully, I managed to drug myself enough beforehand that I felt almost normal, but even as I write this post now, I feel the brunt returning.

Regardless, though I'm not feeling as peachy keen as I want, I have used what little free time I allow myself to maintain the gifts God has given me. 

I still haven't missed a blog post, not from yesterday, not today. 

I am nearly done with the sixth digitized volume of my mission journal.

I haven't failed to turn in any daily assignments.

I even managed to improve my aptitude with my favorite musical instruments, including the Melodica down below.


Yes, being sick has given me an excuse to slack off, and, to be honest, I've enjoyed that to a certain extent. However, I haven't let the sickness define me. I am still being the best I am, no matter what, even seeking to serve those around me when given the chance. And as I do so, I know I will feel all the more stronger.

No comments:

Post a Comment