Saturday, March 28, 2015

Fellow Children: Date Night

Job 38:7 - "When the morning stars sang together, and all the sons of God shouted for joy?"

Last night, I went on a triple threat, triple date with some of my closest friends and some near strangers.


It was fascinating to me how quickly the entire group bonded. Some of us already knew each other, to be sure, but we'd never hung out with that specific group dynamic before. Regardless, we all very naturally entered the setting with a certain excitement and grace that removed any and all anxieties. By the end, even though I still didn't know everyone on the same personal level, I felt I could easily call everyone my friend.

This got me thinking about how, spiritually, we all knew each other 'back in the day,' when we chose to follow Jesus Christ in the pre-mortal existence. Sometimes, I meet someone for the first time, and we hit it off instantly. Meeting people like that is like seeing an old friend, someone who I've already known for quite some time. Some people wave this off as mere coincidence or some psychological miscommunication, but I believe it's because the person is an old friend. They're just someone we don't know.

Everyone we meet is a lot like us in ways we may not be able to immediately recognize. We knew each other. We loved each other. We cared for each other, and we can continue to build upon what we already have.

So get on out there! Make some 'new' friends today!

No comments:

Post a Comment