Friday, March 6, 2015

Perspective: Early Morning Temple Trip

Isaiah 2:2 - "And it shall come to pass in the last days, that the mountain of the Lord's house shall be establish in the top of the mountains, and shall be exalted above the hills; and all nations shall flow unto it."

I went to the temple early yesterday morning to go through a session.


Something about the experience was incredibly soothing for me. Any stress I was feeling was ebbed away even while I was simply preparing to leave. My perspective on certain things changed for the better as well. Some things seemed more important. Other things seemed less important. Interestingly enough, even separate aspects of specific facets of my life experienced changes in perspective in completely different directions.

As I walked away a few hours later, I recognized how much my spirit had craved that simple act, that chance to serve in the Lord's house and provide Him what small act of service I could. In many ways, this week has proven to be the beginning of a small, yet nonetheless new, chapter in my life, and reviewing that fresh page with a trip to the House of the Lord only filled me with greater peace.


Your turn!

No comments:

Post a Comment