Tuesday, April 14, 2015

Procrastination: Dirty Car

2 Corinthians 9:8 - "And God is able to make all grace abound toward you; that ye, always having all sufficiency in all things, may abound to every good work ..." 

There are a few important details to consider before reading this post.

First, I was wearing a suit today for my final presentation in my RA class. As I walked through the day, I again noticed it was in sore need of a dry clean. This was something I'd been putting off for months.

Second, my car has been through the same deal as my suit. No matter how many dates I've been on, I cringe whenever they step into the car. Please don't brush against the door, I'd think. Please please please PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE ok, we're good, we're good. Regardless, I still haven't washed it.

The weather was super wonky today, the sky being filled with what looked like dust and casting a strange green hue over the sky. I was mildly disconcerted by this apparent omen of the apocalypse, but figured I might as well get everything done that I could. That also involved picking up food for my very last program as an RA.

Gathering in some of my flock, I enlisted their help in picking up some of my food. As I ran to my car, I realized that the odd weather had begun raining mud all over me. What the heck, I thought. There went that almost-clean suit. No longer could I procrastinate. I was stuck.

Despite the evidence on my suit, I still had the happy thought that the rain would wash my car. My mental faux pas revealed itself when I discovered my car had become just as muddy as my suit.

This picture doesn't give the mud entire justice, but hey.

I thought about this for a bit. At first, I thought this was a lesson that I should never procrastinate. Then, I brightened. If I'd cleaned my suit and car earlier, then they would still be dirty today!

I whistled a merry tune as I drove off in preparation for my program.

No comments:

Post a Comment