Tuesday, April 7, 2015

Improving: Cute Puppy

Ether 2:14 - "... And it came to pass at the end of four years the Lord came again ..."

My family had an emergency while they were visiting over the weekend. My sister's emotional support dog got into someone else's medication, requiring a trip to pet urgent care. There was a lot of concern and worry and tears as the beloved animal underwent treatment.

As the family banded together duDurantring the emergency, I had the opportunity to consider God's hand in it all. I knew the accident wasn't anybody's fault. I knew He was in complete control of the situation. I had the chance to try and act as a spiritual anchor for certain individuals. The entire experience ultimately helped me recognize that I was not as prepared as I wish I could have been.

One of my big concerns while trying to maintain a daily mostly-spiritual blog is that I will appear as though I am trying to build myself up to appear like some hyper-spiritual individual, aggrandizing myself before the masses. I fear my attempts to provide my audience with my own thoughts about things will only create an impression that I think I'm more spiritual, and therefore, I know best.

In all honesty, though, I know I'm weak. I know my relationship with God is never exactly where it needs to be. I pray for help in overcoming my weaknesses.

The dog's trip to urgent care gave me another opportunity to consider where I was and how prepared I actually am to help others in a spiritual capacity. I, of course, decided to seek improvement in the things I recognized.

The dog, of course, made a full recovery. I'd volunteered to pick her up and deliver her back to her mom, and so was the first to see her right after she left the hospital.


As I drove north, my heart thanked Him for giving me the opportunity to ponder Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment