Wednesday, April 29, 2015

Kindness: New Office (VIDEO)


Got a 'new' office! Let's check it out!


We more or less concluded our initial training yesterday here at my new job. In the end, if I could draw any theme from the experience, it was that our number one responsibility is to be kind.

 The customer may not always be right, but they deserve respect and attention. Smiling is the best way to diffuse a tough situation. We may not need to leave truffles on the pillows for the guests, but it will help them feel more at ease and more at home.

One thing I've recognized I struggle with is kindness. I may be kind to those who are kind to me, or kind to those I want something from, but being unconditionally kind is something I have yet failed to master. 

I'm excited for this job because it will give me the opportunity to stretch and grow in this weakness of mine. As it is, my mantra over the past few weeks has become, "Just be kind. Just be kind."

That's all I want.


No comments:

Post a Comment