Saturday, April 18, 2015

Called to Serve

Another one of my very good friends opened his mission call yesterday, heading off to Italia to preach unto the Roman peoples.


To big this guy up, he was baptized just over a year ago, and has now determined to spend the next two years of his life teaching what other missionaries taught him. To put that into perspective, when he comes back home, he will have spent more time as a full-time missionary than he has as a 'regular' member.

To be honest, I don't know that I could have done something like that. I spent my whole life preparing for a mission, and even then the eventual decision was difficult to make. I admire my friend a lot for making such a decision. I admire anyone who makes that sort of decision.

As I watched the joy on my friends' face as he celebrated with his crew, that stirring hymn came to my mind.

Click here to give it a listen.

No comments:

Post a Comment