Monday, April 20, 2015

Light: Crooning at The Wall


This isn't the greatest picture, but I wanted to capture as much of the crowd as my questionable camera could handle. Sorry!
One of my friends texted me late Saturday night and asked if I wanted to keep her company as she helped serve as manager for her friend's 1920s-style musical performance at the on-campus mock-bar. I readily agreed, and soon found myself feeling slightly underdressed as I enjoyed watching everyone in the room swoon over themselves over the singer's excellent voice.

Honestly, more than anything else, I was particularly impressed by the crowd. I go to The Wall fairly frequently, but never have I seen a crowd turn out that large. I wasn't surprised when the singer mentioned later that the owner of the establishment told him the place had literally never seen such a crowd.

You all know I love talents. I think talents are the greatest gifts we're given to help us share the gospel with people. As we let that light so shine, we glorify the Gift-Giver Himself. I saw that Saturday night. Both the singer and his band let it out and let it shine, and even though the music had little or nothing to do with any specific individual gospel principles (except for maybe eternal marriage, but whatever), I found my thoughts drawn to Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment