Wednesday, February 4, 2015

Poetry Contest Results: Little Light

  


This is in reference to this post (click here).

And so, without further ado, here was my entry.

Thespians don garb and face
And become another person
My own skills lack such purity
And they only seem to worsen

Artisans craft splendid works
Of oil, paints, and clay
My crude stick figure bears no life
Even ‘neath the smiling day

Composers draft grand overtures
For plethora of instruments
I wield a mistuned mandolin
And simple chords are intricate

Wordsmiths of yore would ink their quills
Pen thought and phrase divine
My ballpoint scratches dull loose-leaf
Words fit for naught but swine

Others, too, are born creators
From architects to chefs
If my life depend’t on matching such
I’d as soon march to my death

But for letting my light so shine
I will not face such circumstance
Though jack-of-all may be my fate
The Lord gave not my gifts by chance

And so while my light is dim
Nearly drowned out by the rest
I swallow fear, and grit my teeth
And praise Him with the rest

I block my scene, and block again
I draw with fervent zeal
I sing and play with best effort
I write my lengthy spiels

And confidence imbued in me
I continue with my story
With every step, with every tear
To God I give the glory

2 comments:

  1. Absolutely beautiful. A little terry-eyed here. Thank you so much for sharing your many talents and for reminding us all to whom to give the glory, whether our talents be many or few, small or grand.

    ReplyDelete