Thursday, February 26, 2015

How to Reap Joy: The Best Kind of Drug (VIDEO)

2 Samuel 6:14 - "And David danced before the Lord with all his might ..."

As most of you know, I'm an absolutely horrible dancer. I have a lot of heart, soul, and rhythm, but absolutely no technique or training whatsoever. Even trying to learn Capoeira for two months hasn't really given me much to work with.

Last night, though, I had the chance to witness these two excellent gentlemen perform their hearts out and show me where I'm lacking. They were rockin', which my low-quality videos may or may not have been able to capture. I also heavily blame the cameraman, who apparently struggles with angles.






After their own performances, it was an open floor, and I had the opportunity to head out onto the floor with a friend, who I immediately frustrated as she vainly attempted to teach me the Cha-Cha, the Tango, the Triple Step, and the Foxtrot, all of which I was laughably bad at. 

However, I had a lot of fun despite it all, and as I looked around, I realized there really weren't any grumpy faces. Everyone was smiling and having a good time, from the worst (me) to the best (those guys). I don't know what it was, but I suspect something about the dance pleases God.

So, if you haven't already today, crank on some tunes, and let fly! I promise you, your mood will brighten considerably, even if you're already rockin'.

No comments:

Post a Comment